The ultimate summer workout
Get bikini-ready with this epic full-body summer workout by Renee Scott, former ballerina and founder of Barre Attack. Karate kick into arabesque Keep theShow More
Get bikini-ready with this epic full-body summer workout by Renee Scott, former ballerina and founder of Barre Attack.
Karate kick into arabesque
- Keep the supporting leg bent as you lengthen your body from the heel right out to the crown of your head.
- Maintain a 45 degree angle with your body and ensure your core stays active the whole time to protect the lower back.
Golf swing with tricep extension
- Lengthen your spine and keep your core engaged as you rotate your torso, keep the shoulders anchored down and swing across the body.
- Allow your eye line to follow the movement pattern and as you extend out through the arms, draw the shoulders down away from the ears.
Rowing in arabesque
- Keep a long line between the crown of the head and the back leg and slide the elbows next to the body.
- Draw the elbows back and open the chest.
- Lift the back leg up to an arabesque for an advanced variation, otherwise keep it on the floor.
Plank into side plank
- Holding a plank position, keep the navel drawing towards the spine as you rotate to the side, lifting up the hips as you reach your arm towards the sky.
- Keep the core active by pretending you have an internal corset that’s tightening and supporting the body.
- With the supporting leg slightly turned out, stack your hips and shoulders over each other like you’re in a side plank.
- Support your core and keep your torso elongated as your knee bends in towards the chest and presses away.
- Keep the torso stable as you glide the leg forward and back.