This barre workout will sculpt your booty
Want a poppin' booty before summer gets here? Try this barre workout from Renee Scott, founder of Barre Attack, and you've got yourself a deal.
Want a poppin’ booty before summer gets here? Try this barre workout from Renee Scott, founder of Barre Attack, and you’ve got yourself a deal.
Complete as many reps of each move as you can in one minute. Repeat for three rounds.
Parallel plié with inner thigh squeeze
- Bend your knees and keep them over the toes like you are sitting back in a chair.
- Lengthen the torso and scoop up through the lower stomach.
Hover to Pyramid
- Hold the knees just off the floor keeping the length through the spine
- Scoop up through the tummy to press into pyramid. Keep your core engaged the whole time.
- Add a rotation on the hover to advance the move.
Frogs into Reach
- Make sure your feet and toes are turned out wide apart.
- Look out in front as you reach down to the floor to keep the movement in the legs rather than flexing the lower back.
- Add a jump at the top to advance the move and lift the heart rate.
Butt lift and hamstring curl
- Stand on one leg and pop the ball behind one thigh.
- Prep by squeezing the knees together and keep the supporting leg bent.
- Pull the weight back into the heel as the thigh lengthens behind the body.
- Bring the knees back together and keep your pelvis stable throughout the whole movement.
Plié on first on a rise
- Keep the knees over your toes and only bend as far as you can keep the crotch line over the ball. (There shouldn’t be any pain through the knees.)
- Squeeze the heels to squash the ball so your inner thighs, glutes and hamstrings stay active the whole time.
- Zip up through the waist to keep core engaged and torso lengthened.
Port de bras to the side
- Reach the arm up and over to lengthen the torso
- Using your obliques and core, return to an upright position.