5 moves to tone up your legs
Ever get to the gym and have no clue what to do? We've got just the workout for you, put together by Fitness First PT, Jemima Thompson. You'll need equipment for this lower-body session and some floorShow More
Ever get to the gym and have no clue what to do? We’ve got just the workout for you, put together by Fitness First PT, Jemima Thompson. You’ll need equipment for this lower-body session and some floor space. Do each move for three rounds.
Single Leg Glute Bridge, 10-15 reps
- Squeeze the bottom and hold for a second in the top position.
- Ensure the hip of the opposing leg is in line with the bent leg.
Sumo Deadlift, 8-10 reps
- Keep chin tucked in the bottom position to allow a neutral spine.
- Ensure elbows are locked close to the body to activate the muscles between the shoulder blades.
- Drive hips forward and ensure the knees stay in line with the toes (avoid rotating internally).
Split Squat, 10-15 reps
- Ensure hips are straight and knees are tracking slightly outwards (not internally rotated). This is better for your hips and knees.
- Chin tucked in for a neutral spine.
- Keep the chest lifted and shoulder blades squeezed.
Reverse Lunge to Lateral Lunge, 10-15 reps
- Keep the chest up and shoulder blades activated.
- Try to keep both feet facing forwards in the lateral lunge and allow the knee to track out over the foot on both lunge patterns.
TRX Pistol Squat, 10-12 reps
- Ensure the knee tracks forward over the toe in the bottom position.
- Keep the hips neutral by using a straight leg to rotate inwards on the way up and down.