Thai calypso mango salad
The taste of summer is here – mango season is now in full swing with the deliciously fragrant Calypso available in supermarkets across the country, you have even more time to enjoy the ultimate summer fruit. The mother-daughter team at Healthy Luxe have put together a recipe that makes the juicy fruit shine even more. Mango in a salad? We hear you – but, trust us. Give this recipe a go.
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, cut into ribbons
- 100 grams young rocket leaves
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 under ripe mangoes, julienned
- 1/2 cup tamari roasted nuts of choice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp peanut oil or sesame oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, mix and set aside.
- Toss all salad ingredients in dressing and serve with tamari roasted nuts.
- Serve and enjoy.