Sweet and savoury snack bar
Snap, crackle, pop! These crunchy sweet and savoury snack bars by Tiffiny Hall of TIFFXO are packed with protein, energy and nutrients to keep you alert throughout the day – and sport a little chilli kick to get your metabolism firing.
- 100ml honey
- 50g butter, chopped
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs desiccated coconut
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Warm honey and butter together until melted.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and pour over honey and butter, mixing well.
- Transfer to prepared tray, press down firmly and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan before cutting into 12 even pieces.
- Once completely cool, store in an airtight container.