The weather is heating up and nothing says Summer like Mexican food and mangoes. This delicious guacamole recipe combines sweet and salty for a flavour combination that kicks the traditional version of guac up a notch. It’s the perfect people pleaser for afternoon house guests (or to eat alone on a Friday night).
- Spoon out avocadoes and mash well in a large bowl.
- Fold in the mango, tomato, chilli and garlic until combined.
- Squeeze the lime juice on top and stir until combined.
- Salt to taste and top with finely chopped coriander.
Eat fresh with tortilla chips
Spread on a burger to give it a Mexican spin
Dollop on the top of a salad instead of dressing
Spread thick on toast with a poached egg on top
Combine with canned tuna to make a delicious tuna salad
- 2 large ripe avocadoes
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 large red chilli, seeded
- 1 minced garlic
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander to serve