Stay fit on holidays with this equipment-free workout
Heading away for the festive season? Just because you’re on holiday, doesn’t mean that your fitness routine also needs to take a break. Dan Conn, wellness director at Collective Wellness Group, has put together a 15-minute no-kit workout that you can do from anywhere to stay fit while travelling. Dan says, “this workout requires no special equipment, you can use what you have in your accommodation and it combines both strength and cardio for a full-body workout.”
While we’re all for the self-love and giving yourself ample rest, being on holiday doesn’t need to lead #regrets after a little too much indulgence and not enough exercise. With this simple bodyweight workout, you can enjoy the endorphin high wherever you are. Trust us, your future self will thank us.
- 30 seconds of reverse lunges (each side)
- 30 seconds of squat jumps
- 30 seconds of side-plank (each side)
- 30 seconds of chair or park bench dips with knees bent at 90 degrees
- 30 seconds of push-ups on chair or park bench, elbows in line with ribs
- 60 seconds of sit-ups with feet on a chair or park bench
Repeat circuit 4 times without a break, then rest for 45 seconds.
- 45 seconds of mountain climbers, then rest for 15 seconds
- 45 seconds of side to side skater jumps, then rest for 15 seconds
Repeat circuit twice without a break, then rest for 45 seconds.
- 30 seconds of fast high knees with shadow punches out straight