Snickers nice cream
International eat ice-cream for breakfast day is a thing. But, for those of you who have health goals that don’t include a container of Ben and Jerry’s and a spoon – we have an alternative. Clinical nutritionist and health author Jessica Sepel put together a snickers banana ice-cream recipe that has your health goals in mind and still lets you participate in a bowl of sweet, creamy goodness for breakfast. Win, win.
- 2 bananas, frozen and chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- Extra cacao nibs and peanuts to serve
- Add banana, peanut butter, cacao powder, almond milk and salt to a food processor. Process until combined and ice-cream like texture.
- Add cacao nibs and whole peanuts to mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon nice-cream into two bowls, top with extra cacao nibs and peanuts and serve.
Want more? You can find lots of delicious and healthy recipes in Jess’ 8-week online program.