Sink your teeth into this: Raw rainbow salad
Get your #healthy on with this raw salad from Rebecca Searles of Family Garden Life. Packed full of flavour (we’re talking a serious tastebud explosion) and amazing health benefits, you’ll be able to pop this on any table and wow your fam, guests or colleagues with it’s vibrant colours.
4-5 large carrots, grated
1 beetroot, peeled and grated
1 large handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 small handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1 cup of tamari coated almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of currants
1 chilli de-seeded and, chopped finely
1 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. of ginger, finely grated
1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. of ground sumac
4 tbsp. high quality olive oil
- Use a food processer with a grating option or a hand-held grater to grate carrots and beetroot and place in large salad bowl.
- Roughly chop coriander, mint leaves and tamari almonds, then add to salad bowl.
- Add currants.
- Slice open chilli and scoop out the seeds to discard, then chop the chilli finely.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl, then stir through chilli, ginger, apple cider vinegar, sumac and olive oil.
- Stir dressing thoroughly, then pour over your salad.
- Get all up in there and toss salad well.
- Serve and enjoy!