Roasted sweet potato and zucchini frittata
This delicious vegetarian recipe can work for both breakfast and dinner. It’s so tasty you’ll want it for both meals anyway!
1 medium sweet potato, cut into 2cm chunks
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup thyme, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Handful of parsley
Handful of coriander
Half handful of chives
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp water
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees.
- On a lined baking tray, place sweet potato, zucchini and red onions. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until lightly roasted. Take out and let cool.
- Turn oven down to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, add eggs, thyme, parsley and whisk to combine.
- Add cooled roast veggies to a lined oven dish or oven proof pan and pour over egg mixture. Place cherry tomatoes on another lined oven tray, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook both in the oven for approx. 45 mins or until lightly browned on top or set and tomatoes are soft.
- Using a blender or stick blender, add a handful of both parsley and coriander. Add half the amount of chives. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well so it’s a slight runny consistency.
- Serve with frittata.