Rice paper rolls with Asian almond dipping sauce
Rice paper rolls paired with a tangy sauce is a to-die-for combo. We’re talking crunch, fresh Asian flavours, salty and sweet, all packed into one roll, giving you the perfect lunch option that will be sure to tantalise your tastebuds.
12 rice paper roll wrappers
3 medium avocados, thinly sliced across-ways
3 medium carrots, julienned
1 x 250g packet rice noodles or vermicelli noodles
1 cup coriander, chopped
1 cup mint, chopped
¾ cup roasted, crushed peanuts
Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Almond Dipping Sauce
⅓ cup smooth almond butter (or peanut butter or cashew butter)
2 tbsp brown rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
2 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup)
¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the ‘almond dipping sauce’ in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Submerge a rice paper wrapper in warm water for about 10-20 seconds or until soft. Place on a damp tea towel and gently dab to dry.
- In the centre of the wrapper, place 1⁄4 of an avocado, carrot, some coriander, mint, peanuts, noodles and top with 1-2 tbsp of the almond dipping sauce. Fold the ends of the rice paper rolls and then roll firmly to enclose the filling ingredients.
- Continue with the remaining wrappers.
- Serve with the remaining dipping sauce on the side and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
This is a recipe by Sophie Fisher from Coconut and Bliss. Check out more of her healthy recipes here.