Raw snickers bar
If you struggle to walk past the chocolate isle when grocery shopping, this recipe is going to satisfy all your sweet-treat needs! It tastes like a Snickers bar, but it’s packed with the good stuff. And if you want to leave this recipe up to the professionals, you can get your hands on a slice (or two) from Urban Orchard in Circular Quay, Sydney.
Makes 16 serves
2 2/3 cups of pitted dates
½ cup of peanut butter
½ tbsp of vanilla extract
1 ½ tbsp of coconut oil
¾ cup of millet puffs
½ cup of peanuts
1 raw chocolate recipe batch (see recipe below)
1 tbsp of peanuts, roasted (for decoration)
1. Line a 20 x 20cm cake tine with baking paper (with sides up so the bar can be lifted out)
2. Process the dates, vanilla, peanut butter and coconut oil in a blender until it becomes a smooth paste.
3. Add peanuts and millet puffs and pulse, leaving texture in the paste.
4. Press the mixture into the cake tin, cover and refrigerate.
5. Meanwhile make the raw chocolate (see recipe below). Make sure the chocolate mix has cooled and is starting to set before pouring it over the mixture which has cooled in the cake tin.
6. Scatter the bar with peanuts and a small amount of sea salt.
7. Set the chocolate in the fridge.
8. Cut into 16 portions. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Raw chocolate recipe
2 ¾ tbsp. of cacao butter
¼ cup coconut oil
3 tbsp of rice malt syrup
3 tbsp cacao
1. In a bowl, melt and mix the ingredients. Must be kept chilled.