Raw chai spice cheesecake
Taking all the wonderful spices of a warming chai latte and putting them into cake form, this cheesecake is deliciously creamy, rich and satisfying. The best part? It’s good for you, too! Using Morlife ChaI’Q Latte Powder, this cake is brimming with goodies – a deliciously soothing blend of authentic spices enriched with enlivening herbs Ginkgo, Eleuthero and Bacopa, and the Lucuma powder gives this sweet treat a natural caramel and butterscotch flavour. It also boasts gluten free, grain free, vegan and raw labels to boot. Yup, it’s got the lot.
- 1 ½ cups medjool dates, chopped
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight in cold water)
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Morlife Certified Organic Lucuma Powder
- 2 tbsp. Morlife Instant ChaI’Q Latte Powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm loose-bottomed round cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- For the base, place the dates, almonds and coconut oil in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Press the mixture firmly into the base of the cake tin and set aside.
- For the filling, place the drained cashews, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, vanilla extract, Morlife Lucuma powder, ChaI’Q latte and lemon juice into a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour the filling over the base and freeze for 2-3 hours until set.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!