No-bake nut butter rice crispy squares
Sydney-based plant-based foodie Madeleine Lumley (@madeleinelumley) has your healthy treats sorted for the week with these deliciously wholesome, easy no-bake nut butter rice crispy squares.
These divine little morsels are the perfect combination of decadent and wholesome, ideal as a sweet hit with your morning coffee, a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, or a lunch box treat for the kids.
2 cups crispy rice cereal (e.g. Rice Bubbles, or Nature’s Path organic crispy rice)
1.5 cups natural muesli of your choice, or rolled oats
1 tsp vanilla powder/extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp chia seeds
Pinch sea salt
3/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/3 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
1 cup vegan choc chips, or chopped dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix the rice cereal, muesli, chia seeds, salt, vanilla powder and cinnamon. 2. Combine the rice malt syrup and peanut butter in a small pot.
- Heat the pot on low on your stovetop, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes runny.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry and combine well.
- Pour the combined mixture into a lined pan.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture out, push down firmly and evenly and set aside.
- In a bowl over a small pot of simmering water on your stovetop, melt the chocolate, taking care to stir constantly until fully melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the crispy rice mixture, smoothing it evenly with a spoon, and then pop it into the fridge or freezer.
- Once the chocolate has set, slice the squares up and enjoy!