Make your own cinnamon and raisin almond butter
You’ll want to dive head first into this luscious, seriously moreish almond butter. Cinnamon, raisin and vanilla is a combination made in heaven and a touch of honey makes this a spread that goes perfectly on toast, a piece of green apple, mashed sweet potato or a rice cake.
You will need a good food processor for this recipe.
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
- Pour the almonds onto the tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Pull the almonds out and allow them to cool before putting them into the food processor.
- Turn onto its highest setting. You’ll have to stop it every couple of minutes to spoon the almonds back down that have crept up the sides. Processing can take anywhere between five and 20 minutes depending on the power of your machine.
- Once the almonds have reached a smooth, creamy consistency add the salt, cinnamon and honey and pulse together.
- Finally, add the raisins or sultanas and vanilla and pulse until they’ve blended through the butter.
Put a big spoonful on oats with banana and blueberries
Spread generously on a piece of toast with chia seeds and fresh strawberries
Add a spoonful to a smoothie for creaminess
Chop a banana and spread some butter on there before placing in the freezer on a plate. 2 hours later– BOOM! Mini ice blocks.
- 3 cups raw almond kernels
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup sultanas or raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt