Jenna Douros on developing a winning mindset
Gold’s Gym Australia National Ambassador and Master Trainer Jenna Douros is not only extremely fit but also has some serious mental grit. We spoke to Douros about her advice on overcoming challenges and how she stays motivated to work as hard as she does.
When it comes to meeting a challenge that intimidates you, Douros believes your mind is the key. “Your success is driven by your mindset. With discipline and focus, you can step over obstacles that may previously have held you back from reaching your full potential,” she says. “I am a big believer in maintaining a positive attitude in life as a whole, not only keeping the body fit but the brain fit too. Sometimes in life you just need to stop, regain your composure, rebalance your mind and come back to centre to help get you back on track.”
Know your strengths (and your weaknesses)
Douros also believes that learning what makes you tick is seriously important. “I have a naturally competitive nature and I believe this works in my favour when it comes to breaking down my own barriers and ensuring a more fulfilling and healthy success,” she says.
“One of my biggest challenges is finding the time!” says Douros. For many of us, finding time amongst an endless list of commitments can mean putting our fitness on the back burner and this is something Douros knows well. “There is so much I want to do and achieve but finding the time to do so is not always that easy. I work full time, train twice a day, study, I am a wife, a mother (of a fur child), daughter, sister, aunty, friend and someone who tries to motivate and be there for all. Managing all of this is a challenge but I wouldn’t have it any other way,” she says.
Keep things interesting
“I don’t think a day goes by where I don’t challenge myself physically and mentally. I am always on the hunt for the next crazy milestone to tackle that will push me well beyond my limits. Preparing myself for such events fills me with the motivation and drive to help others prepare for theirs as well,” Douros explains.
Her advice is to make sure you’re having fun because if you are, then staying fit and healthy will become a way of life. “Remain positive, embrace the challenge to becoming a healthier, happier and more lively version of yourself. It’s really the greatest gift you can give to yourself,” Douros tips.
Jenna’s failsafe sources of motivation
- Having the ability to help women find ways to challenge themselves daily to help boost their health, confidence, well- being, self-worth and values is my main source of motivation. I love sharing my innovative imagination and training techniques help to provide guidance and tricks for others to adapt and train anywhere with what’s around them. I have a love for progression so seeing others do well and the feeling of achievement I get when I witness others cross the finish line.
- Feeding off the energy of like minded and determined people that are looking to better themselves, this is what I find moving and contagious which always makes me want more.
- Falling in love with fitness and making it a stress reliever and a reward. Whenever fitness has been absent from my life, it has left me feeling incomplete. Fitness can be a savior in some ways because it can help to clear your head after a busy or stressful day at work. The feeling working out gives you is amazing and remembering that when you’re lacking motivation is a game changer.
For further motivation and inspiration of how Jenna loves to train check her out below:
- YouTube: Jenna Douros – Lift into Life
- IG: @jennadouros
- FB: Jenna Douros – Lift into Life
- Twitter: @jennadouros
Photo credit: Tina Nikolovski