Gooey (healthy) caramel slice
¾ cup almonds
½ cup pecans
6 soft medjool dates
½ tbsp PureHarvest Rice Malt Syrup
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
200g soft medjool dates
½ cup nut butter
¼ cup melted coconut oil
⅓ cup PureHarvest Rice Malt Syrup
1-2 tbsp nut milk or water
½ tbsp mesquite powder, optional
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
⅔ jar PureHarvest Coco2
- Line a 20 x 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, process the almonds until they form small pieces. Add the rest of the base ingredients and process until it combines.
- Press evenly and firmly into the bottom of the tin. Set aside.
- To make the caramel, soak your dates in boiling water for at least 10 minutes. Drain the water. Remove the skins by peeling them off (this is worth it to get a very smooth caramel). Add the dates to your high-speed blender along with all of the other ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add an additional tbsp of water or nut milk if your blender needs help processing it.
- Spread it evenly onto your base. Place in the freezer to firm up, about half an hour.
- Gently melt your Pure Harvest Coco2 by placing the jar in some hot water or on a double boiler. Spread it evenly over the top of the caramel. Place it back in the freezer for another half an hour to an hour before slicing.
- Enjoy straight from the freezer or fridge!