Fill up on sweet potato falafels
As summer approaches we’re all looking for quick and healthy meals. These sweet potato falafels are the perfect addition to a salad, a meze platter or in a pita wrap. Cook up a bulk batch and pop them in freezer – weekly meal prep sorted. Dinspiration thanks to Insta foodie Tess Mol (@tttesselate).
2 tins chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1 clove garlic
1 red onion
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup fresh coriander
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 large sweet potato (grated)
1 cup chickpea flour
4 tbsp. corn flour
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Blend chickpeas, garlic, onion, parsley, coriander, salt and cumin together to make thick paste (add a few extra tbsp. of olive oil if food processor or blender struggles to blend properly).
- In a large mixing bowl stir through wet mix with chickpea flour and corn flour.
- Stir through grated sweet potato.
- Scoop out a rough tablespoon of mixture to form small patties and lay in a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for approx. 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with pickled vegies, mixed salad and our Beetroot Hummus.