Decadent chocolate and banana smoothie
Abigail O’Neill, model and author of Model Chocolate, has created the perfect smoothie–and she’s kindly shared the recipe with us. With cacao, banana and hazelnut combined, think healthy smoothie meets forerro rocher. Yup. You won’t believe that this deliciously rich and refreshing smoothie is good for you as you gulp it down, but it boasts no sugar, dairy or gluten. This recipe requires a little bit of preparation, you’ll be learning how to make your own hazelnut mylk before combining it into a naughty-but-nice smoothie.
1.5 cups hazelnuts
5 cups water
1/2 tsp. vanilla powder
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 cups Hazelnut Mylk
1 cup water
2 – 4 frozen bananas, depending on how thick/banana flavoured you’d like it to be
1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
1 tbsp. maple syrup
Pinch of cinnamon and vanilla to taste
2 tsp. raw cacao nibs
1 tsp. maca powder
- Soak hazelnuts in 2 cups of water for 4 hours.
- Using a powerful blender, blend hazelnuts until smooth.
- Blend hazelnuts with remaining ingredients until super-fine and milky.
- Strain through a nut milk bag and bottle in glass.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use in milkshakes, smoothies or anything you’d use regular milk in, bearing in mind that it will have a slight hazelnut flavour.
- Blend smoothie ingredients wiht hazelnut mylk until smooth and creamy.