Citrus and beetroot salad
Looking for a zingy salad to tantalise the tastebuds? Rebecca Searles at Family Garden Life has your next go-to salad sorted (and you can even grow all the ingredients in your own vegie patch). It’s fresh, flavour packed and has all of your #vegan and #newyearsgoals covered so you don’t even have to try to be healthy.
- 6 small beetroot
- 2 oranges
- ½ bunch of kale
- ¾ cup of tamari almonds
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup mint
- ¼ cup basil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Juice from ½ orange
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Zest of ½ lime
- On a chopping board with a paper towel on the board, peel and thinly slice each beetroot. Note: you may want to wear gloves to avoid staining your fingers and hands.
- Remove leaves from kale stems and chop up finely.
- Coarsely chop up the parsley, mint and basil.
- Peel and segment the oranges.
- Roughly chop the almonds.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients until combined.
- Toss all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Generously pour over dressing and give it one last toss.
- Serve on its own or with a BBQ steak.