Cinnamon oats with chocolate drizzle
We won’t judge you for eating chocolate for breakfast. And why would we when this delicious, chocolate treat is packed full of protein, fibre and good fats? If you’re craving something sweet in the AM then whip these oats up. The banana-chocolate combo is irresistible and a spoon of cinnamon makes this oatmeal taste a little bit like a doughnut.
How to make it:
- Place the oats, cinnamon and the almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix often until the oats have absorbed all of the mixture.
- Turn off the heat and add the honey, coconut and slivered almonds, mix until combined.
- Remove the oats from the saucepan and allow them to cool off in a bowl.
- Once cooled, top with banana, blueberries and pumpkin seeds.
- In a saucepan, bring water to the boil.
- Place the dark chocolate in a bowl above the boiling water and mix until melted.
- Keep the bowl over the heat and add the almond milk. Whisk until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and add the cocoa powder and protein powder. Mix together until there are no lumps.
- Drizzle the mixture over your oats and enjoy.
Serving suggestion: Add cacao nibs and chia seeds for extra crunch.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 8-10 blueberries
- Half a banana, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 25g high-quality dark chocolate