Chilli prawn zucchini linguini
Cooking the perfect zucchini pasta is no mean feat. One false move and you’re left with soggy, not-so-delectable noodles. If you get them right though, it’s magical. Well, we’re here to help you make magic.
The classic combo of prawns, chilli and garlic on a bed of zucchini noodles is a virtuous and delish dinner. Whip it up in just thirty minutes and save some for the next day for the best work lunch ever.
How to make it:
- Use a spiraliser or mandolin to cut both zucchinis into noodles. Place into a bowl with lemon juice, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of the olive oil.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, pour in the remaining oil and add the onion.
- Once the onion becomes translucent add the garlic, chilli and the prawns. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Once the prawns begin to pink, add the diced tomatoes and simmer for five minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Turn down the heat and add the zucchini noodles and pumpkin to the pan. Allow the zucchini and pumpkin to heat up but don’t leave them on the heat for any longer than three minutes or you’ll be left with mushy noodles.
- Spoon the noodles into bowls. Top with parmesan and a squeeze of lime and devour.
- 200g fresh prawns, raw and peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 whole can diced tomatoes
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped and deseeded
- Half butternut pumpkin, diced and roasted
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Half a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime, cut into quarters to serve