Chewy vegan ANZAC biscuits
This weekend we will celebrate ANZAC Day and it’s only right to make cookies to honour the day. While the traditional recipe is rich in butter and sugar, we’re happy to announce that these biscuits are dairy free, gluten free, egg free, vegan and naturally sweetened! Plus these chewy delights taste amazing (and you’ll definitely want to lick the bowl!).
How to make them:
- Pre-heat the oven to 130°C (fan forced) and line a cookie tray with baking paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl
- Place the coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan on low heat and stir gently until melted.
- Combine boiling water with baking soda then add to the saucepan and mix.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until well a sticky dough forms.
- Roll the mixture into 3cm balls and place on the tray then flatten each ball down gently*.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
*Note: you can leave shaped as cookie balls and bake for the same time
Recipes created by Kara Conroy, resident wholefood cook of GoodnessMe Box. For further healthy recipe inspiration, check out GoodnessMe Box.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon boiling water