5 active things to do on Oahu
When you think of Hawaii, you think gorgeous beaches, cocktails, luscious greenery and crystal clear ocean. But relaxing beachside with a Mai Tai in hand isn’t the only thing Oahu is renowned for – it’s known for its active escapes!
For a best-of guide from some locals, we asked the lovely marketing team at Hilton Waikiki Beach to put together a list of the fun things that gets them working up a sweat:
1) Diamond Head hike – We love the proximity of Diamond Head from our hotel! This extinct volcano boasts a fairly easy paved hike and rewards you with an amazing view of Honolulu.
2) Surf lessons at Waikiki Beach – Pick any one of Oahu’s fine surf schools and learn the ancient sport of Hawaiian chiefs. Waikiki Beach has always been a favourite spot to surf. You also have access to the beach just a block away from our hotel!
3) Snorkelling at Hanauma Bay – Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve is the best place on the island to snorkel with a myriad of tropical fish and other marine life. Definitely a must-do for outdoor adventure seekers!
4) Golfing – With amazing weather all-year round, getting a round of golf in is a no-brainer! A very popular sport in Hawaii, golfing is easy when you can choose from over 40 public and private golf courses on Oahu alone.
5) Take an Eco tour – If you’re an outdoor enthusiast AND you care about the environment, jump on any one of the eco tours offered in Hawaii and explore the natural side of the islands. From hiking to hidden waterfalls, to harvesting in a taro patch, these tours promote environmental sustainability, cultural education and stewardship within the community.
Wanna get to Oahu asap and check out all these activities IRL? Book your stay with Hilton Waikiki Beach here.