23 signs your gym is your second home
If all these signs apply to you, you probably spend more time at the gym than your actual home.
- You get crazy excited when your fave cross-trainer is available. Everyone knows you have practically reserved it.
- Not to mention, you also have dibs on the same locker everyday and there are serious consequences for anyone who dare tries to steal it.
- You know the class timetable off by heart. And the instructors. No need to look it up.
- You’ve tried every class on offer, i.e. you’re practically known as the gym guru.
- You rep the ‘activewear’ look even when you’re not at the gym. It’s kinda your uniform.
- Before you say yes to that coffee catch-up, you make sure there’s no clash with any fitness classes you’ve booked into. Can’t have social life getting in the way now.
- You feel utterly distraught when your favourite boxing instructor is away.
- You have a gym squad going on and have made new gym buddies.
- Working out makes you feel out of this world. Why, hello there endorphins.
- You can’t remember the last time you bathed at home – the gym has become your daily shower time.
- If you go two days without hitting the gym, you feel antsy.
- Your new Lululemon leggings are, in your opinion, greater than any party dress money can buy.
- You find yourself checking the clock all day at work purely because you’re itching for that end-of-day sweat sesh.
- Forget going out to bars. HIIT treadmill training followed by a protein shake = your Saturday night #goals.
- Your handbag is always equipped with a drink bottle, a sweat towel and a protein bar. Prep is everything.
- You don’t even care about the cost of membership – you definitely get your money’s worth.
- You squeeze in a morning and night sesh when you can, and sometimes even ditch drinks with the gals for an extra workout.
- You have a pumping Spotify playlist going on that you use specifically for working out.
- A day doesn’t go by without you using some or all of the following words: squat, glutes, quads and core.
- Your friendship with your instructors have now gone Facebook official.
- Rushing into work post-workout with tomato-red cheeks and hair drenched in sweat doesn’t even phase you anymore in the slightest.
- Sore muscles actually give you joy.
- Majority of your selfies are in the gym mirrors. Guilty!
Words by Sophie Fisher.